Welcome from Hugh Hennebry, Principal
A heartfelt and very warm welcome to Uckfield College! Our vision is an inspiring College where each individual is challenged and supported to achieve personal excellence. Our aim is for everyone in our community to lead truly, deeply, happy, fulfilled and purpose-driven lives. Our curriculum is how we achieve those aims. Our curriculum develops students into being Uckfield ACEs:
A. Academic Achievement:
- Critical, creative, hard thinkers and learners
- Confident and knowledgeable speakers with large vocabularies
C. Citizens of our world with good Character:
- Social activists: engaged, responsible, knowledgeable, tolerant, outward-looking
- Ready, willing and able to make a wholly positive contribution to improving society
E. Enterprise and confidence:
- Personally developed and personally knowledgeable - physically, mentally, socially and emotionally
- Able to think for themselves, be innovative, aspirational and to use their knowledge confidently
Our curriculum is at the heart of our provision and is informed by these guiding principles:
- Inspiration and creativity
- Stretch and challenge for all. Our curriculum in all subjects for all students is knowledge-rich and ambitious
- Choice at KS4 and KS5: we believe that students thrive when they have a combination of courses that they find challenging and interesting. As a large school, we are able to offer a wide selection of subjects. Our aim is that all students have a broad and balanced curriculum from Years 7-11
- Progression: the curriculum is designed so it secures great progression to sixth form and from the sixth form to employment or university
Our college motto is ‘Love Learning for Life’ and we constantly strive to inspire and support every child so that they love every step and every day of their learning journey.Our unswerving commitment is to bring out the best in your son or daughter. We aim to find and develop everything that is exceptional in each young person.
Our Values: are reflected in the Uckfield Qualities we model and actively educate our students to embody:
We believe the strong triangle of your child, you the parents and our staff working together enables each student to flourish and be exceptional. Every student is well known here due to:
- Our small class sizes
- Our extensive pastoral system of Form Mentors, Pastoral Leaders, Directors of Year, our College Counsellor and our Strategic Leadership Team
- Along with the way we thoroughly monitor every student’s progress and link that with target setting, mentoring and personal development
It is an enormous privilege to work with such a special team of students, staff and parents. If you would like to find out more about our community, you are very welcome to visit the college at any time and see exciting lessons going on.
In conclusion, I make no excuses for sounding so very proud of the enthusiasm, hard work and support of students, parents, staff and governors. We are all very much a team with the students at the heart of everything we do.